Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Mask Speaks

I like math. I like numbers and numerical phenomena in general. I like puzzles. Word puzzles, math puzzles, logic puzzles. I like figuring things out, whether it’s a puzzle or not. I like knowing things, understanding things. I like being able to grasp difficult concepts.

I like feeling connected. I like feeling like I’m not alone in this world. That there are other people out there. But at the same time that I like being connected, I like feeling like I’m different. Unique in some way that sets me apart from the everyday crowd. Something that makes me…me.

I like doing things that scare me. I like doing new things, trying new things. I like the adrenaline rush that comes with an uncertainty of thrilling events to come. I like the deep, dark part of the lake where you can’t see the bottom. I like the curve in the path that goes off into an unseen distance. I like the sounds that you can only hear in a silent room. I like wind coming in the window of the car on a sunny day just as much as the wind going through my hair on a roller coaster. I like getting goose bumps.

I like the click of keys on an ancient keyboard. I like the feeling of writing with a really smooth pen. I like sound of colored pencils on a piece of colored construction paper. I like patterns. Shapes, letters, numbers, pictures. I like the sunset, anywhere. I like the sunrise more.

I like hiking. I like nature in general. I love the smell of a freshly cut lawn and the forest after it’s just rained. I hate mosquitoes. Bam. I like the feeling of being completely submersed in water for an extended period of time. I like taking paths I’ve never taken before.

I like that you’ve read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment